Thursday, October 13, 2011

New adventures coming our way.......

I am super excited to be an Army wife if you hadn't noticed.  I am fully aware that it is not all peaches n cream but it is still exciting for our family.  Chris will be in the Adjutant General branch which deals with human resource kind of things.  We get to put in for three locations of where we would like to be stationed.  This does not mean that we will get any of these locations it just means that if they can they will try to accommodate but they may have a need for you somewhere else.  Bottom line is....you go where they want you to go.  So I am listing the places we would like to go and why we thing that it would be fun to live there.  So here goes........

 1st choice is Fort Jackson, South Carolina.  Ok I just found out that it is still a couple hours from the beach but when you consider I have been living in Utah for the past 2 1/2 years a few hours doesn't sound too bad to me.  Especially since I stay at home I can go to the beach whenever I want.  Chris and I sat down and went over the list of places we would like to go and then from the list we picked we then sat down with Noah to get his input on it as well.  Several things were very appealing when choosing this location.  First, the beach.  That may sound dumb but I am a girl who needs sand between her toes several times a year. (The volleyball court sand here in Utah isn't the same).  Second, we would be closer to family for a least a few years.  We would be able to go home for Thanksgiving or have people come to our place.  We can make it for our nieces and nephews birthday parties and other events like dance recitals or soccer games.  Third, well we have never lived in South Carolina so why not try a new adventure back east.  This is the one station we ALL really want.  Go I guess we will see.

 2nd choice is Fort Carson, Colorado.  Now, I know that I have been talking about beaches and sand but Chris should get a say in where we go too, right?  Anyway, as most of you know Chris severed his mission in Colorado Springs, Colorado.  He loves it there and would really love to live there.  Two summers ago we took a family vacation to Colorado.  IT WAS BEAUTIFUL.  It was nice and warm and sunny.  We all had a good time and got to meet a few families that Chris worked with while he was there.  So the reasons behind this location....1st I got the 1st choice so he got the second.  LOL  Seriously that is how it worked.  2nd..it is a beautiful place and even though it gets cold and snows a lot, it is the sunniest state in the US so that can be exciting.  3rd...why not.  Colorado is awesome.  The church is strong there and once again it will be a new adventure for us as a family.  I wouldn't be upset if we got Colorado.
3rd choice is Fort Stewart, Georgia.  This would be AWESOME!!!!!!  Ok back to the beach reasons.  LOL  So we would be like 30 to 45 minutes away from the beach.  Tybee Island to be exact.  If we don't live on post we could live in Savannah Georgia.  That would be so cool.  Savannah is beautiful and I could totally make that my home for the next few years.  Ok so for the reasons....1st is Georgia is a beautiful state and close to the beaches.  2nd...it is still close enough to make it home to VA for some holidays and birthdays.  3rd....Did I mention it was close to a beach?!  LOL  

After doing a ton of research on a dozen Army bases around the Country these are the 3 that we have chosen and hope to get one of them.  If not, oh well, wherever we end up we will have each other, we will have a new church family, and we will always have skype and phone calls and even visits with family.  I am just excited for a new adventure and see where our lives are headed.  The good news of location will be coming around Jan or Feb so stay tuned to fine out where Smith Adventures is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment