Friday, August 10, 2012

The email we have waited for....

As most of you know Chris and I are hoping to adopt.  I will never forget the day I got the email from Ashley.  It was Wednesday June 27th and my dad was taking me and Noah to South Carolina to spend the weekend with Chris.  On the way there I got an email from a girl who was looking to place her baby for adoption.  I have waited for this email for so long.  Previously I had two girls contact me but never got past the 1st or 2nd email.  One was a scam for sure!  So I was a little cautious.  I waited a little while to respond.  I did not tell anyone about this email.  I finally responded later that afternoon.  Gave her some information about me and our situation and waited to see if she responded.  She did!  After two days of emails I decided that I was going to ask her to talk with our case worker.  This for sure would let me know if she was serious or not.  She was so quick and willing to talk to our case worker which really excited me.  I then talked to Chris about it and he was excited!  The emails continues and she started working with our case worker and then was assigned one from our agency in the state that she is in.  Since then we have emailed almost everyday and I have formed a lifelong relationship with this amazing girl.  She has definitely been an answer to our prayers.   We obviously didn't want to say anything to Noah until we got closer to her due date.  Well.......she is due August 22nd so we didn't have much time to keep it from him.  We finally decided to let Noah in that he was going to finally be a big brother.  He has waited so long for this and he was beyond excited.  About a week later I got a call from Ashley letting me know that "ITS A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  That's right...the shopping began that night.  I remember getting the call and being in shock.  The moment I got off the phone with her I ran back into the store that my mom and I were at and telling her.  I cried and the cashier almost did too.  LOL  Since then we have continued to grow in our relationship with Ashley and now have less than 2 weeks until our little baby girl is born!  We feel extremely blessed and could not be more excited about all that awaits our family this month!  Thank you Ashley and Deon for giving us the opportunity to add to our little family!  We will forever be grateful to the both of you for your great love and sacrifice!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Amy, Chris, and Noah! We are so excited for you! Can't wait to hear more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you and Christopher and Noah and for us too. I am looking forward to having another grandchild. She will be one of the luckiest little girl's in the world to be given to such wonderful parents. And we look forward to her being our grandchild. Love you all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mom Smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears, tears and more tears! This new little addition will be loved and adored to the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete