Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Almost there

Today Chris and I are going for our individual interviews with our case worker for the adoption process.  I am excited and scared at the same time.  I am so excited because that means that we are one step closer to being approved.  I am scared because I am not sure what they are going to ask.  I feel like with all the paperwork and online forms that we have opened our souls to them and given them everything we have so I am a little curious as to what they are going to ask us today.  This week Chris and I are going to attend the mandatory adoption training which is going to be very insightful.  I love that Chris and I get to take this journey together and to learn as much as we possible can about being a family through adoption.  I am looking forward to growing closer together as a couple and as a family with this process.  I use to be upset (and still am at times) that we can't have children biologically, but I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED to be adding to our family this way and look forward to the amazing birth mother who chooses our family.  This journey has been a hard one but has definitely been good at times and the closer we get to being approved just makes me so happy inside and ready for what the Lord has in store for our family.  I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice.  I am grateful for prayer and the peace and comfort I feel from my personal relationship with my Heavenly Father.  I know that everything happens for a reason and I may not understand now why Chris and I can't have children of our own, but I do know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me and for my family and he sees the entire picture and knows what we can handle and endure.  I am grateful for that knowledge and I am grateful for this opportunity to open our home and our hearts to children who need us.  

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you in this amazing journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me so excited! I can't wait to hear how your interviews go! You are both so great, just be you and everything will be perfect! Love you guys so much!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the process goes smoothly for you both! You are awesome people and the right birth mother is out there waiting to meet you! best of luck on this journey!

    ReplyDelete