Monday, October 10, 2011

Getting ready for hibernation.

 I am soooo not ready for the winter season.  I feel like  summer just began.  I am definitely a girl who loves the beach with sand in between my toes.  AHHHHHHHHHHH......just thinking about it makes me sad.  Now the cool weather begins.  Fall here in Utah is GORGEOUS but it only lasts a few weeks.  Our winters are so long and cold with tons of snow.  The snow is fun and we love to go tubing and sledding and Noah loves to snowboard but it still isn't warm and sunny.  Today my project was to get all the space bags unpacked with our winter clothes, put those away, and then pack up all the winter stuff.  I am keeping my favorite pair of flip flops out just in case I feel like an open toe shoe day, but all the rest have been put away and are ready to be taken to our storage unit.  I have mine and Chris' stuff all done and tonight will work on Noah's space bags of winter clothes to see what fits and what does not.


Ok, so winter is not so bad.  I am looking forward to soup and sandwiches for dinner, Chili, hot chocolate, and of course all the fun Holidays.  I am already done with almost all of my Christmas shopping and my house is completely decorated for Halloween.  I do have to admit that I love to go tubing so that I am actually kind of looking forward to.  Since we won't know when we are leaving Utah until February so this may be our last winter with really good snow.   Who knows we may get somewhere that snows a lot.  It is up to the Army where we get to go.  So that is another exciting part about this winter.  After all the holiday fun is over, we will be looking forward to finding out where we will be going for our first duty station and when Chris' training will be.  We also have a graduation coming up for Chris in April which is going to be a BIG DEAL.  We have tons of family coming in and look forward to seeing them and sharing such a great occasion with them.


So, now to decide if Im going to start my winter hibernation or if I am gonna make the most of it and enjoy Utah for one more year.

No comments:

Post a Comment