Wednesday, September 15, 2010

We had a visitor!!!!!!!

On Saturday there was a dog roaming around our apartment complex. Of course, Noah was feeding him bread and water, so when it was time for Noah to come in the dog followed. He made a pallet for him to sleep on out on the porch and Chris ran to the store to get him some food. Well, from the time it took Chris to get to the store and back, I decided maybe the dog should sleep in the house. We borrowed a baby gate from one of our neighbors and were going to lock him up in the kitchen. Well, that didn't work because all three of us are suckers for animals. So I got out one of our old comforters and put it on the couch. Noah insisted that he sleep on the couch to keep this dog company. Oh and by the way, Noah and his piano teacher who lives under us, named the dog "OREO". So Noah and Oreo slept on the couch. The dog is so sweet and completely house broken. No accidents all night. It was great. It is a shame we can't have pets because we would have kept him. All three of us fell in love with him. So Chris called the pound to see what we should do but they were closed until Monday, so Oreo stayed with us until Monday morning. I had to take him to the pound on Monday. I cried all the way there, I cried inside when explaining the situation, and I cried all the way home. Ok I also cried most of the afternoon. When Noah got home from school I had to tell him. He cried and so Noah and I cried together. I hope that Oreo finds a good family. He is an amazing dog and some family is going to be really lucky to have him.

No comments:

Post a Comment