Friday, April 30, 2010

BYU Women's Conference!

I had the opportunity to go to the BYU Women's Conference. I got a free ticket for helping a lady in our ward make kits and pass them out before the conference started. It was an early day. I got up at 5:30am and showered and got dressed, picked my friend Brooke up and headed to the Marriott Center to be there by 6:30am. We had a prayer meeting and then got instructions on what we were suppose to do. At 7:30am we started passing out the kits. At 8:30am we were done and ready for our day at the conference. It was absolutley amazing. Julie Beck was the speaker for the opening session. She gave such great counsel and told us amazing stories. I just love her. Then when that was over Brooke, Robin, and myself headed to the Wilkinson Building for Lunch and our next class. Well....we didn't get into that class because it was already full. So we went to the class that we wanted to attend next and started a line so that we could make sure that we had a spot. We chit chatted for about an hour waiting for our class. I just love those two women. We had such a great time. We went to the class on Finding Happiness and Nobility in Motherhood. It was a great class with two great speakers. Then we headed to our next class on Clinging to the Rod of Iron. The class was about the Book of Mormon. Another fantastic class. After that we went home. I took Noah to "moms and muffins" for his school then went back to meet Brooke and Robin so that we could go to the evening Concert. We went for ice cream first then went to the concert. The concert was amazing. It had the FAb 5, Hilary Weeks, Michael McLean, Alex Boye, Dallyn Bayles, and Mercy River. It was the neatest thing I have ever been to. I will definetly go next year. The opportunities I have had here in Utah have been live changing. I LOVE IT HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment