Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Aunt Catherine came for a visit

Catherine had told me this summer that she wanted to come for a visit.  Then we got word that we were going to get the opportunity to adopt a beautiful baby girl the end of August.  That sealed the deal.  Catherine was already planning that trip.  We had a few things planned but ended up mainly just hanging out.  

Chris had work and Noah had school so Kaitlyn and I head to the Denver airport to pick up Aunt Catherine.  I always like to go in and wait for them to get off the plane and help with the bags.  When we saw Aunt Catherine, I almost cried.  I am such a sap.  I was so excited for Kaitlyn to meet her Aunt Catherine.

Here she comes.....

Ok I was fighting back the tears!  Our family has waited so long for Miss Kaitlyn so Aunt Catherine meeting her for the 1st time was emotional for me!

We had fun hanging out at the house, going to lunch and dinner, and just being together.  We took Catherine to Garden of the Gods. If you have never been it is worth going to.  It is natural rock formations and they are just really neat.  The bad part of that was we saw a RATTLE SNAKE!!  Yeah, I almost had a panic attack.



This morning I had to put Catherine back on a plane back to her family.  It was sad but I know that she was excited to be back with her husband and kiddos.

Thanks for coming to visit Catherine.  Hope you come back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Having family visit no matter how far the distance is so fun and emotional! I cry every time my siblings come to my house and I cry every time they leave!

    What a very special moment!

    ReplyDelete