Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Royal Gorge

One thing that I love about moving to a new state is the many great adventures our family gets to have.  I want my kids to see the world and have as many great experiences as possible.  Noah loves a new adventure and is always up for it.  Kaitlyn is still very little but lucky for her I take pictures of everything.  I love to scrapbook and blog so she will be able to look back and see pictures and read the story behind our trip.

Last weekend we took a break from unpacking the house (yes we are still unpacking, cut me some slack people) and went to the Royal Gorge.  It was so beautiful.  It is so amazing how beautiful all of God's creations are.  We had so much fun.  I am TERRIFIED (not just scared, I mean panic attack, crying kind of TERRIFIED) of heights.  This was a challenge for me.  We crossed the bridge which you walk across.  It was so neat and absolutely breathtaking but a little too high for me.  Because I am crazy I walked across anyway because I wanted the experience.
I have to admit, it was fun.  They had flags along both sides of the bridge for all 50 states.  We took pictures next to a bunch of them for different reasons.  Noah wanted California because his Utah best friend, Mason was born there.  He then wanted Florida because of the Florida Gators.  We of course took pictures of Virginia, Utah, and Colorado as those are places we have lived or are living.  We took one with Nevada since that is where baby Kaitlyn was born and where her birthparents live.  Noah and I made up a corny little song about all the states on the walk back to keep our minds off of how high up we were.
 
 
Now to go with the whole "scared of heights" thing, I insisted that Chris take Noah on the zipline (you know I wasn't getting on that thing).  Chris didn't mind and Noah was super excited.  I just wanted to get a picture hahahaha.  So They did it and had a blast.  The zipline by the way goes out over the Royal Gorge.  CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!  The guy let them do it twice.  It was awesome!



We had pizza for lunch at one of the cafes and then I wanted Kaitlyn to ride on her first carousel.  It was so cute.  I think I had more fun than she did.  We also went for a train ride which was a lot of fun!




I am so excited for all the wonderful adventures our family is going to have while stationed here at Fort Carson Colorado!

No comments:

Post a Comment