Monday, March 12, 2012

Super Woman.....NOT

I feel like with Chris' graduation right around the corner (1 month to be exact) I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and inadequate.  I started back to school on Valentine's day to finish up my last two years of school.  Noah is in 5th grade so he has a bit more homework than in years past plus he is involved in almost every sport and activity known to man.  (yes yes It is my fault but he loves it).  Chris is battalion commander for the ROTC program which is very demanding so I feel like so much depends on me.  I struggle each day to keep my house neat and orderly, get Noah to and from school, to Chris to class, work, and Army stuff, and then I still have my homework, my calling for church, and maintaining my daycare (which I have loved doing while here at BYU but am looking forward to no more daycare).  This should be easy to keep up with right?!?!??!?!?!?!  Well its NOT.  I want to make sure that my families needs are meet but keep my sanity at the same time.  Is that even possible? I try to stay organized as much as possible but feel like I fall short a lot.  I must say, right now it is nice.   My house is clean, my homework is done, we are having left overs for dinner, Noah has gone to piano practice and done most of his homework and is now out with his friends.  I have 10 minutes until I need to go pick up Chris.  Once I do that I am coming home and sitting on my couch and doing absolutely nothing this evening.  I DESERVE IT!  Ok enough of my complaining.  Just wanted to get that off my chest.  


BLESSED...............


Ok now for the uplifting part.  I am so blessed.  After 5 years of school, Chris will be graduating in a month and commissioning as an Officer in the United States Army!  IM SO EXCITED!!!!!  This means we will be grown ups.  We will have a real job!  FINALLY!!!!!  It makes me realize that the last 5 years of sacrifice have totally been worth it.  Noah's sports and activities are not going to slow down but the good part is.  I love watching him participate in great activities and have so much fun.  Isn't that the best part of being a parent?  I am blessed to be able to take all of my classes online and be able to keep the house clean, cook my family dinner, help Noah with his homework, and be a taxi for two of my favorite guys!  Needless to say, why do I complain?  I AM SOOOOOOOO BLESSED!



1 comment:

  1. Amy! Don't feel inadequate! Do the best you can do. You have shelter, food faith and family. Let the rest fall where it may! And never state that you aren't currently a grown up. First of all we are kids at heart but most importantly you have made a lot of grown up decisions and you are making wise choices. The choices you and Chris make now and the sacrifices that you are making now will only benefit your future and your family trees future! A little mess never hurt anyone, only neglect and avoidance and you are doing none of those. Keep on being amazing.

    ReplyDelete