Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Papa....

There are people who come into our lives and make a huge impression.  One that will last forever in our hearts and minds.  When I started dating Chris and knew that it was getting serious, Chris took me to formally introduce me to his family.  (I say formally because Chris had been best friends with my brothers for years so I knew who his parents were but just not on the same level as a future family member should).  Chris' Papa was amazing.  He was so welcoming to me and Noah and really made us feel like part of the family.  He always welcomed us with hugs and kisses.  He always called me "honey" and greeted me with a smile.  Papa was a great man.  He touched many lives forever.  As my sister in law Stephanie said "he never knew a stranger".  And he didn't.  He was friends with everyone he passed.  He was so full of life and loved deeply.  He was a man of service.  He served everyone he could and not because he felt like he had to but because he wanted to.  His family was very important to him.  He always made time for us and did little acts of kindness for us all. 


Papa passed away last night.  This world is losing an amazing man, but heaven is gaining an amazing spirit.  Papa will be reunited with his wife who passed 5 years ago.  What a joyous reunion that will be for both of them.  Our Savior will definitely be please with the work that Papa did here on Earth.  Although we are sad to lose such a great man, we are also glad that he is no longer suffering and is at peace now.


I am so grateful for the plan of salvation, to know that death is part of our Heavenly Fathers plan and that we will all be reunited as families after this life.  I am so grateful to know that there is life after death and that this is just a small small part of the plan.


Seeing how Papa led his life is a great motivator on how I want to live my life.  I want to love all those around me.  I want to lose myself in service to others.  I want to love deeply and often.  I am so grateful to have known him and to be part of his family.  What an amazing man, what an amazing life!


No comments:

Post a Comment