Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Noah starts 4th grade


I wanted to walk Noah into his classroom on his first day of school. I have done this every year. This morning he said he wanted us to walk him in. I took my camera like every year and when he sat at his desk he gave me the look of "GET OUT OF HERE MOM!" I guess this is the last year I will have his picture taken at his desk the 1st day of school.

This is right in front of the school.
We are getting a little brave this year. Since we live so close to the school, Utah does not provide bus transportation. Last year we had a carpool to get the kids to school. This year with my daycare and crazy schedule, it is easier to not participate in the carpool, plus Noah really wants to ride his bike to and from school this year. I figure he is 9 years old and in the 4th grade. He is old enough. I may not be completely ready for him to do this, but he is and I have to let him explore a little bit. He did very well today. We met him at school so we could take him to his classroom and make sure he locked his bike up. Tomorrow he is on his own. Him and a friend will be riding together so that is nice.

I wanted to make sure that he had a good start to the day, so I made him scrambled eggs, toast, a banana, and some OJ. Starting off with a good breakfast is important and sometimes I think we are too rushed, so this year, one of my goals is to be better with breakfast. Cereal for breakfast is great sometimes but I am staying at home and want to give him more of a variety this year. Lets see if I can do this.

1 comment:

  1. Your little man is growing up! He looks excited for the new school year! Hope he has a wonderful year in the 4th grade! Love to all of you!

    Aunt Kandy

    ReplyDelete