Friday, August 6, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!!!!!!!

Well, it came around a little too fast this year. I am now officially 29! Next year is going to be a rough year. I will have to leave my 20's which I have thoroughly enjoyed. So much has happened to me in the last 9 years. I had a baby, got divorced, started working full time, made so many new friends, bought 2 cars, started dating one of my brothers friends and then married him, gained a new family, moved to Utah so that Chris could finish up his bachelors at BYU, I became a stay at home mom again, and now I am going back to school to get a degree in Elementary Education. There have been a lot of other amazing things that I have done in the past 9 years but those are just a few that have stuck out to me.

So I wake up yesterday morning and got completely ready for my day, because I scheduled myself and Noah to visit the dentist. (why I did that on my birthday I am not quite sure) So I then get Noah up and tell him to jump into the shower. I then proceed to our kitchen only to find a beautiful flower arrangement on the table with a card. Chris was suppose to be up most of the night studying and I guess he waited for me to fall asleep so he could run to the store. His card was so funny. On the front it has a picture of a guy pulling a card away from donkey. The inside said...."I hope you like this card...It's a little something I pulled out of my ass. Happy Birthday!" So funny! Then Noah and I go to the dentist only to find out that I have 4 cavities. How did that happen?????? So they filled 2 of them and I go back on Monday for the other 2. So my mouth is sore and I had soup for lunch, which ended up running down my chin because I couldn't feel half my face. I did get a good nap in because it was such a nasty day. It rained and stormed most of the morning. Great day to just relax. Then Chris made spaghetti, garlic bread, and salad for dinner and then we made a lemon cake with vanilla frosting for my birthday cake. It was so good. Right when we finished dinner we had a knock at the door. Chris opened it only to find 4 adorable kids and a blonde chick singing Happy Birthday with balloons. Sarah and he 4 munchkins brought me two balloons and two really cute cards. Mason picked one out for me that had a monkey on the toilet on the front and it says "It's Potty Time." Sarah said he picked it out himself. It was super cute. Then Sarah got me one with Shoes all over the front and it says "indulge you inner shopaholic." Sarah added a line to it "not really LOL". She must know me a little too well. It is so nice to have great friends and a loving husband and son to make my birthday the best day ever. I love them all!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good birthday Amy! Can't wait to treat you to lunch when school starts up! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete