Thursday, December 10, 2009

Winter 2009






It has really been awhile since I have last blogged. Where to begin??? Well Chris is almost done with his first semester here at BYU. He is doing great. I knew he would. He is so smart and dedicated that I knew he would do well. Chris isn't one of those guys that does enough to get by. He always does above and beyond. I am so proud of him. He is enjoying ROTC. He really enjoys the workout. He likes to be in shape and so this is much better than a gym membership. With the ROTC they pay us and he gets to work out for free. It is great. This first semester has really gone by quick. I remember thinking that 3 years was a long time but really I think that it will go by very quickly and I will be wishing to have that time back.



Noah is continuing to do great in school. He works really hard and is a great student. No behavior problems at all so far this year. I am very happy about that. He loves Utah and all the things he gets to do around here. There is so much to do and for cheap or even free. Last week we got snow. About 25 inches. We bought Noah and kids snowboard and a sled so all this week he has been snowboarding and sledding. He has done more snowboarding than anything. He has never done that before and so I was a little scared for him at first. I am not sure why. He is a natural athlete. He picks up on things like that and the technique of it so quickly. He is having a blast.

Who would have thought that I, Amy Smith, would ever like the snow. I was so worried about it when we were planning our move to Utah. I have been waiting as the days grew colder and closer to winter that the snow would start coming. What was I going to do? I don't know how to drive in snow. Do people in Utah buy the stores out of milk, eggs, and bread? Well, Utah is very equipped and on the ball. Snow started Saturday night and the roads weren't that bad. It continued to snow Sunday night and they were out plowing the streets at 3am. When it was time to take the kids to school the roads weren't that bad compared to the way it would have been in Virginia. I actually enjoyed sledding too. I would have never pictured myself out in the snow, cold and wanting to stay so we can go down just one more time. It was like I was a kid all over again. I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!! So looks like this winter might not be as bad as I thought. I actually might be OK here!

No comments:

Post a Comment