Tuesday, September 29, 2009

So things here in Utah have been great but very busy. Chris is doing great with school. He is having some problems with Calculus but I know he will do fine. He doesn't like how big the classes are. He likes the smaller classes but I am sure he will at some point get use to it. He is really enjoying the ROTC program. It has been good for him and is keeping him in shape which he really likes. He studies a lot but still makes time for me and Noah. With his work schedule he is home every night. I love that.

Noah is doing great in school. He is learning a lot and doing much better with his reading. He has made a lot of new friends. He loves cub scouts and is doing great with it. They meet just down the street so he gets to ride his bike there. He starts wrestling on Thursday and is really looking forward to it. He had built a fort in his room and has set up a candy store in his fort. He has his cd player in there so he can listen to "Taylor Swift" whenever he wants. We are going to the BYU football game this Friday night. He can't wait. He will have so much fun. Then Saturday morning we are going to General Conference at 10am. We have tickets and can't wait to go hear the prophet and see him in person. Such a great experience for Noah.

I am still babysitting and I love it. I love staying at home and spending more time with Noah. I enjoy being able to make dinner for my family every night and not feeling so overwhelmed. It is great. I love having more time for myself, scripture study, cleaning, and just being a mom and wife. I feel like I have more patience now that I don't feel so rushed all the time. It is great. I am so glad that I have found a new best friend, Sarah. We talk everyday and hang out almost everyday. Her son and Noah are best friends so that helps too. She has made the adjustment for me so much easier.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are fitting right in - that is SO important!

    And you know what the weird thing is - we know President Monson personally - we used to live in his stake - and I used to go running up his street with a group of friends - so when Malisia was about 1 1/2 years old his cute wife would make "Tommy" go and get all the kiddos a sucker - he has such a sweet spirit about him - you will LOVE seeing and hearing him in person! We had the opportunity ever 6 months at Stake Conference and then again at General Conference - he is AWESOME!

    You should swing by here for some lunch after Conference - we live about 10 minutes away!

    ReplyDelete