Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I absolutely love Thanksgiving.  There are so many great opportunities to feel grateful and to serve those around you.  This year our family has been able to do both and it has been a great experience for us.  This was also Kaitlyn's 1st Thanksgiving.  Too bad she wasn't able to enjoy the turkey but maybe next year she can.  For Thanksgiving this year we were able to attend a dinner at our church where we helped serve a meal for families who would be alone, single soldiers, and family members of deployed soldiers.  It was a great experience and tons of great food!  We had a blast.

I was in charge of bringing 5 centerpieces.  I had three around the house already and got 2 of them from Hobby Lobby for 80% off so it was a great deal!  I also made 10 lbs of mashed potatoes and a green bean casserole!


We had tons of helpers which was nice.  So many senior missionary couples helped to put the whole thing together.  They did a great job and fed us well!



 Kaitlyn was having her Thanksgiving meal too.  Hers was just a little different from ours!  I gave her a little bit of mashed potatoes on my finger but she wasn't too interested so we just stuck to milk.  LOL
We also did our own family Thanksgiving on Friday.  I made EVERYTHING.  I started cooking at 9am and didn't stop until we sat down to eat at 2pm.  We had Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, deviled eggs, rolls, mac n cheese, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, yams, sparkling cider, and chocolate silk pie!  It was the 4 of us but only 3 could eat.  It was great but I sure was tired after all that cookin!


No comments:

Post a Comment