Saturday, July 7, 2012

Going home to Utah!!!

The day after Father's day,  Noah and I flew home to VA.  We left super early in the morning from Salt Lake City Utah and had a layover in Denver Colorado.  Let me just say Denver airport is AWESOME!!!!  I ate Panda Express at 9am.  hahahahha It was soooooooooooooo good.  We then flew in to Newport News VA and have been here for a little bit.  The first night in we went to my favorite Mexican restaurant, El Caporel.  It was so good but it was crazy.  All of my family showed up!  Two of my brothers and their families, my mom and dad, my in laws, and my brother in law and his family.  We were missing a few because they do not live in the area but it was still really nice to have those who live around here come out for dinner.  The next day we went to the pool and my best friend Emily Greenwald came and we got to hang out.
I also had promised my niece Emma, who is 3 1/2, that I would teach her how to swim.  Three days later she was swimming and going off the diving boards.  She is a cutie pie.  Noah is now doing back flips off the diving boards.   Last year he was doing front flips and has done that for a few years so its nice to see him doing new tricks too.

The girls have gone and gotten our toes done.  Sorry no pictures but I forgot my camera, but it was fun as always.  We then went to El Patron for dinner after that.  
My dad took Noah and I to see the change of command at Fort Lee on day.  The General was retiring and a new General was coming in.  It was a long morning but it was neat to see some of the Army functions that we will be a part of.

Then the best part of our trip was when we went to visit Chris in South Carolina. My dad is the best.  He planned a trip for us to go visit so that we could see him while we were home.  We got there on a Wednesday and left that Monday.  We went out to eat, Noah and I went to the waterpark while Chris was at work and my dad was at a seminar.  We toured around Columbia SC and went to church with Chris on Sunday.  My dad had his own hotel room Wed thru Fri night and kept Noah with him so that Chris and I could have some alone time.  That was really nice.  Monday was a hard day because I did not want to leave.  I am so grateful for Skype so that we can talk everyday and see each other or else I am not sure I would make it through.  While we were there Noah wanted to try on all of Chris' Army gear.  It was really cute.


We were able to visit the Columbia South Carolina Temple.  It was really pretty.  We couldnt go in because they are closed for renovations but the grounds were beautiful.
We have spent some time with my nieces and nephews.  It has been so fun so far!  I feel so blessed to be able to be home with family!  This has been a great summer so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment