Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Festivities...

We love Christmas in this house.  We put our tree up about a week before Thanksgiving.  We finally have a house instead of an apartment so we were able to decorate the outside too.  It was so much fun!  We spent so much time together as a family getting our house decked out.  It was great.  We went to Seven Falls to check out the fun Christmas lights and then drove around a few neighborhoods too.  It was cold but fun!




I spoiled my husband rotten this year.  He got a punching bag with the stand.  We have a two car garage so one side of that is being turned into Chris home gym.  He had mentioned that he really wanted to get a punching bag so that he could work out at home.  One gift down one to go.  Then we were talking a few weeks later and he mentioned how he wanted to look into getting a kindle.  I never thought he liked to read but apparently he just didn't have time since he has been in school year round for the past 5 years.  So that made me think that the gift from Noah and Kaitlyn to him could be the Kindle Fire HD.  HE LOVES IT!  He was totally spoiled.

And he did amazing this year for me as well.  When I was opening my gifts from him I burst into tears.  He put so much thought into my gifts this year.  I have been wanting to collect the willow tree figures for a long long time but just never have.  I made mention of this again not expecting to get them, but I did.  He got me the mother and son figure, the mother and baby figure, the mother, father, baby figure, and the forget me not figure.  They all have significant meaning to me.  Then the most romantic, sweetest gift EVER was when I opened the photo envelope that he had for me.  When we were in Vegas picking up our sweet daughter we took the family to Circus Circus which has an indoor amusement park.  I sat with the baby and Chris and Noah rode tons of rides.  They had a blast and I enjoyed holding my sweet daughter in my arms.  When you first go in they take your picture so that you can buy it on the way out which we did not.  He spent weeks working with Circus Circus to find this picture of our family as it was our 1st EVER family picture of 4.  I cannot even express the emotions I felt with the thought and effort he put into getting me the best gift ever.  He is too good to me.

The kids.......well I will sum it up for you...SPOILED ROTTEN!    Noah got tons of stuff which included Black Ops II, a tablet, a basketball hoop, spy gear, remote control everything..LOL, a pogostick and a ton more.  Kaitlyn got her 1st cabage patch doll, a kitchen set, books, a princess castle and so much more.  They were very happy kids this year.  They have been very good and it was so fun to have a Christmas with FOUR of us this year!



 They both got tablets!  LOL
 This is the face of one excited boy!  I love it!


Every year we also do a gingerbread house.  Last years was a disaster so I found this really fun kit this year that makes rice krispie treat houses.  They were so much easier and were a ton of fun.  They were also very yummy!!!!




I hope each of you had a great Christmas Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment