Tuesday, January 24, 2012

We are blessed

There are days when I feel down and lost.  There are days that I question the trials that we are given in this life.  Then there are days that I feel hope and feel so blessed for the trials that the Lord has given to me.  In particular, our family.  That is what has been on my mind a lot lately.  I have found that the more I focus on how blessed I am and focus on the important things in my life the more blessed I feel.  Instead of focusing on the things that we don't have or how we think our lives should be at this particular moment, it is comforting to know that the Lord has a plan for us and he is aware of how we feel and what we need.  The adoption process is not an easy one.  Infertility is not easy.  When your family and friends are growing their little families it is easy to question "why not me".  I have been thinking lately that although yes I do wish it was me, I also feel so blessed that the Lord feels confident in me and my family to be able to overcome and work through this together as a family with his help.  I feel like he loves me so much to entrust in me the opportunity to raise a baby that needs our family.  The way we get our family is not important.  It is what we do with the family that we are given that is most important.  
Today I dropped off some paperwork at our agency and while waiting for the secretary to get in I was reading the bulletin board they have posted.  It made me super excited for this amazing journey that we are on.  Seeing other families who have been placed with sweet little children through the miracle of adoption was so encouraging.  Seeing the pictures of those who are like my family, waiting for that miracle was heart warming.  I went to the office just like any other day, just plugging along and left with this overwhelming feeling of love.  I walked out of the office feeling like someone had their arms around me telling me, your time will come.  WOW, how blessed I am to have a Savior who love me!  That's right HE LOVES ME!!!!!!!!!  I know that he is aware of me and hears my prayers and knows the desires of my heart.  I left that building with a heart full of hope.  I know that their is a little baby waiting to join our family.  I know that when the time is right we will be able to bring that sweet little baby into our home and into our hearts.  It's crazy how much love you can have for a child that you don't know and have never met, but I already have so much love in my heart for our little baby who will join our family one day.
I am grateful for this experience that we get to go through as a family.  I am grateful for my wonderful mother who is always there to listen when I need her the most.  I am grateful for my husband who holds me when I cry and laughs with me when I need it most.  I am grateful for a little boy who is super excited about being a big brother who is also super excited about the adoption process.  I am grateful for a mother in law who is maybe more excited about this than we are.  LOL  I also have amazing sister in laws who are happy for us and who are always there with a listening ear and comforting words.  I am most grateful for my Heavenly Father.  He has helped heal my broken heart and given me hope for the future.  I could not have come to this point in my life without him.  I am also grateful to the birth mother who will choose our family for her baby and pray that she is lead to us.  Her sacrifice is one that is not easy and we pray that she will find peace and comfort when finding a family for her baby!

4 comments:

  1. Way to be positive! I love it! I pray every night for you and your family! I even put your families names on the temple roll every time I go!

    We are blessed beyond measure in this life - it is just realizing what the blessings actually are sometimes!

    Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Amy. You are so strong and you are right that he knows your needs. You have so much love to give and I know you will be a great mom to that lucky baby who ends up in your home just like you are to Noah. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I am glad you shared your blogs with us. Heavenly Father does of course want the best for us. And I am confident that what he sees as the best for you and what you see as the best for you guys is one and the same. I hope you are quickly able to realize this blessing that you seek. Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, How positive and uplifting. I feel blessed that we have crossed paths and that I know you. I enjoy your posts. xoxo

    ReplyDelete