Thursday, August 1, 2013

Why does the atmosphere in the classroom matter?

Why does the atmosphere in the classroom matter?

            The atmosphere is vital in the success of a classroom. Teachers should make their classrooms neat, clean, orderly, and comfortable.  There are many ways to do this.  With the observation that I have been able to do I have seen many different ways to make the atmosphere inviting.  One in particular that sticks out to me, which I remember my teachers doing when I was in school, is to greet the students as they come in by name and with a smile.  This lets them feel like they are special.  Keeping materials in a place that they students know with labels is a great way to keep organized.  Atmosphere matters and can be the make or break point for successful learning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment