Monday, June 4, 2012

And so it begins...

Well, as of yesterday Chris is officially active duty for the Army.  I have waited and been so excited for this point in our lives and now that it is here...well Im sad.  Yesterday Noah and I put Chris on a plane to South Carolina for 11 weeks of training.  That is totally across the country from us right now and I really don't like it.  It has been two days and one night and I feel so lonely already.  I am glad that this summer while he is in training we can talk every day.  Whoever invented Skype is now my best friend too.  It is so nice to see where he is staying and most of all get to see him everyday.  Good part of this is, the end of this month (3 weeks to be exact) we are going to South Carolina to spend a week with Chris.  I am so glad that my dad loves Chris like his own son because he has made the arrangements to be with Chris for a week this summer.  I also plan on visiting at some point this summer with his mom.  My mother in law is one of my best friends and so we are going to plan a road trip to go see him.  I am glad that Noah and I are going home in 2 weeks because I am very lonely.  Noah is so sweet and has been really good and that makes things better and easier.  He is taking over the "man of the house" role and it is too cute.  He is being extra caring and making sure I am okay and it makes me so proud of the young man he is becoming.


I salute all those women who have been through deployments or are going through a deployment right now. My 11 weeks may seem like nothing compared to their experience and I have a tremendous amount of respect for those strong women.  How they became so strong I may never know but I would like to know how they make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment