Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

So I am sad to say that I did not take any pictures this Thanksgiving.  I must have been too busy stuffing my face with all that yummy food!  Anyway I wanted to take a few minutes to list just a few of the things that I am thankful for...


1.  My Family--They mean so much to me.  I have a great family with 3 brothers who have all married and given me sisters.  I have amazing in laws who I love dearly.  With marrying Chris I got two extra brothers and two extra sisters.  I have 4 nieces and 3 nephews with an additional nephew on the way.
2.  My husband--He is amazing and loves me through everything.  He puts up with a lot and lets me shop til I drop.  :)
3.  Noah--Noah made me a mother 10 years ago and I love being a mother.  He is so sweet and affectionate and really really smart.  Oh and SUPER CUTE!!!!
4.  My Heavenly Father--I love that whenever I am thankful or having a hard time he is always there to answer my prayers.  
5.  My Savior Jesus Christ--His Atoning sacrifice has made it possible for me to repent and return to live with him some day.
6.  Adoption--This year we have started the adoption process and are hoping to add to our family through this wonderful miracle.  I am grateful for all that I have learned through this process and I am grateful for how close it has made Chris and I as we have gone through it together.
7.  Shelter/Food/Clothes--Sometimes we may take these things for granted but some would be grateful for just a little of these things.
8.  My education--I have completed my Associates Degree with the help and support of my amazing family.  I am halfway there.  :)
9.  Living in Utah--The past 2 1/2 years have been amazing and so many opportunities have been opened up for us while living here.  Most of all Chris got his dream of going to BYU.
10.  Great friends--I have great friends here in Utah and I left many great friends back home.  No matter how far apart we are we are always friends.  


There are so many other things that I could add to this list but we would be here forever.  I can honestly say that this month I have pondered a lot about what I am thankful for and have realized that I am truly blessed.



1 comment:

  1. I love your last sentence "I am truly a blessing" - I need to read that today for myself! Such a powerful and rewarding sentence! Thank you!

    And as always seriously, we need to get together - you guys only live about 50 minutes away from us!

    ReplyDelete