Monday, April 4, 2011

Friday was such a sad day............


I visit teach a lady from church who just had her 3rd child in January. On Friday I got a call a little after 2pm to inform me that her baby had died around noon. It was such a shock because the baby had not been sick. I had just seen Megumi and Sunao at church the Sunday before. Megumi is such a great mother and has always had a hard time getting pregnant so she was so happy to have another little miracle. Me and my visiting teaching companion and my friend Sarah went to see her once they got home from the hospital on Friday. How sad to see a mother grieving over the loss of one of her children. I am not sure there is any pain that is greater than that. We all sat together and cried. Her 9 year old daughter was also having a very hard time and seeing her so upset was devastating. They are such a great family and this is just so upsetting. Tomorrow is the funeral for Sunao. Megumi has asked that I give the opening prayer. Of course I said yes, but I am so nervous. It's hard enough giving a prayer at a funeral, but a funeral for a baby? I am trying to put some thoughts together and get so upset each time I think about it. I know I am not going to be able to do it without crying, but if that is what Megumi and Hito want I will do it.

This whole experience really is hard but I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and for the opportunity we all have to be families forever. I feel so much comfort just knowing that there is life after death. I am grateful for my family and friends. I am not sure what I would do in this situation but what I do know is that I will try to be the best friend and visiting teacher to Megumi during this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment